The Accounting table is an indexed, searchable, customizable, and exportable list of all the transactions that have occurred in your Pay By Group account up to the current date. It allows you to easily reconcile Pay By Group transactions with your internal financial records; exports from your Accounting table will be very useful for your finance or accounting team.
If you process your Pay By Group transactions directly via Pay By Group, you’ll see ACH credits to your bank account on a per-group basis (i.e. one payment per group per installment). If you process your Pay By Group transactions via your own payment gateway, you’ll see direct credits to your gateway account on a per-payment basis (i.e. every individual user’s payment will have its own entry).
The Accounting table can be accessed by clicking on the second link under the DATA header in the left-hand sidebar of your business portal. The default view of the table shows transactions in descending order from newest to oldest, and can be re-sorted by clicking the header of any column. The columns in the Accounting table are:
- ID: a unique alphanumeric string that identifies the transaction within the Pay By Group system
- Purchase: the name of the purchase associated with the transaction; each entry is a hyperlink to the detailed dashboard page for that purchase
- Purchase slug: a six-character alphanumeric string unique to each purchase
- Payment ID: unique alphanumeric string that identifies the payment to which the transaction corresponds
- Sent: the date on which the transaction was initiated
- Amount: the amount sent to you with that transaction, shown in the currency its corresponding purchase was denominated in
- Converted amount: the amount sent to you as denominated in your payout currency; will only be populated if you receive funds in a different currency from the one the purchase was denominated in
- Purchase share: the amount the customer/s involved with that transaction agreed to pay, before any fees, shown in the currency the purchase was denominated in
- Customer fee: the fee charged to the customer/s involved with that transaction, if any, shown in the currency the purchase was denominated in
- Account: the payment destination for that transaction (either your bank account or payment gateway)
- Type: the means by which funds were transferred to you, typically ACH Credit
You can change which columns are shown in the table by clicking the Show / hide columns button in the upper right of the table and selecting or deselecting columns to alter the default view. Note that whatever changes you make to the column display will be saved until you change them again later.
You can search for a specific transaction or group by using the Search field in the upper left side of the table, next to the Filters button. Valid search parameters include a transaction’s:
- Full ID (from first column of the table)
- Partial or full purchase name
- Partial or full transaction Amount (without currency symbol)
- Partial or full account name
You can filter the Accounting table to show certain results by clicking the Filters button next to the Search field and selecting Sent date time frames or transaction types, then clicking the Apply button. If you choose multiple entries under either TIME or TYPE you’ll be shown all purchases that match at least one selection from either column.
The Accounting table can be exported to a comma-delimited (.CSV) file at any time by clicking the Export button in the very upper right corner.
Whatever state the table is in when you click the Export button will be reflected in the exported file, so if you conduct a search, filter the table, add or remove columns, or change the sort order, your export will match those results and include all returned records across all pages.