The Terms & agreements page allows you to upload & view any legal terms you wish customers to agree to when purchasing your goods and/or services through Pay By Group. Examples include refund or cancellation policies, etc. It can be accessed by clicking the second link under the SETTINGS header in the left-hand sidebar of your business portal.
Once you’ve uploaded terms, your customers will have to agree to them when they sign up as a payer for any Pay By Group purchases. If they don’t accept the terms, they won’t be able to participate in a purchase. All documents that you upload here must be accepted by all payers to every purchase, unless you specify specific document(s) when a given purchase is created. In those cases only the documents you specify must be accepted by payers in that purchase.
To upload your terms, click the + Add new button in the upper right side of the page. This brings up the “Adding new items” modal, into which you enter:
- Title: the title of the document you’re uploading
- Content: either the full plain text of the document you’re uploading, or the full URL (beginning with “https://”) that links to the full copy of the document on a site you control
Once these fields are populated, click the Create document button to add the document to your list of terms and agreements. Note that newly added documents will not apply to previously-created purchases, but will be attached to all purchases created from that point forward.
Any documents you’ve uploaded will be displayed in a table with the following columns:
- Title: title of document
- Content: if you uploaded the document as a URL, it will be displayed here. If you uploaded the content directly, the first portion of that content will be displayed here
- Date added: the date the document was uploaded to your account
- Last modified: the date any changes were made to the document
Under the final column, Actions, each document entry has a dropdown button that allows you to either edit or delete it. When editing, make sure to save whatever changes you've made by clicking the Update document button. Please note that if you delete a document, it will still be attached to already-created purchases, but it will not be attached to any newly created purchases from that point forward.