The Business & branding page is where you can upload & update your branding details (e.g. business logo, product image) as well as the default settings for your account and purchases within the Pay By Group system. It is accessed by clicking the Business & branding link under the SETTINGS header in left-hand sidebar of your business portal, and is divided into two sections: Branding & Global Settings and Purchase Defaults.
Branding & Global Settings
The settings in this section affect your overall account and Pay By Group branding. The section contains:
- Brand name: Your business’s name as displayed to your customers.
- Your logo: Ideally a PNG file with a transparent background, 320px by 120px. The maximum allowed height for this logo is 120px.
- Support phone number: The number at which customers can call you for assistance, presented on the customer dashboard and in emails to customers about their purchase.
- Support email: The address at which customers can write you for assistance, presented in the same locations as the support phone number.
- Auto accept payments: This allows you to toggle whether or not you want to automatically capture every group payment that is submitted to you before its deadline. As a refresher, when a payment has been submitted to you, that means that funds have been held on the group members’ credit cards for your use and all you have to do is accept. Auto accepting simply automates the process of accepting (normally handled by clicking the Accept button for a given purchase as described in this article).
- By default this setting is deactivated, and you should only enable this if you are certain you do not need to verify pricing or inventory availability for any purchase that completes by its deadline, whether manually or via the API.
- Save changes button: Updates your account with any changes you’ve made in this section only.
Changes made in this section take effect immediately after they are saved; both in-progress and future purchases will have the updated business name, logo, support contact info, etc. This includes your auto-accept preference, meaning that when you update it the new setting will be used for your current in-progress purchases as well as subsequently-created ones.
The settings in this section affect all of your Pay By Group purchases, unless you create a purchase using alternate parameters either manually or through our API. Essentially, the values you select for this section pre-populate certain aspects of your purchases unless you specify something else. The section contains:
- Generic product photo: An image that represents your product or company, which will only be shown if you don’t use specific individual product photos. This image will ideally be 585px by 446px in size, though any dimensions at a 1.3:1 ratio are acceptable.
- Term for what you sell: A list of choices for what you can call what you sell via Pay By Group. By default, Pay By Group refers to a single portion of a given purchase’s cost as a slot. Changing this term to something more specific to your business, which will be displayed to customers when they sign up for your purchases, in various email notifications to them, and so on, can help add clarity and boost customer confidence in the group payment process. You can choose to change this to one of the options from the following list:
- Default language: The language your purchases will appear in, unless and until overridden by a customer’s browser or selected preference. This is most pertinent for emails from you to group organizers inviting them to claim a purchase, since the system does not know what browser the recipient is using until after they open the email. Once they click through the email to claim the purchase they’ll see the default language for their browser or English if the Pay By Group system does not support their browser’s language. Language options are currently:
- Default timezone: The timezone applied to all time values passed through the API that do not specify one. This specifically applies to values like purchase deadlines, start & end dates, and so on. Unlike the other entries in this section, your choice for this setting does not affect the values in the agent creation form. Instead, the form pre-populates timezones based on the agent's current location to minimize confusion. The timezone can be manually edited on the agent creation form if need be.
- Save changes button: Updates your account with any changes you’ve made in this section only. Changes made in this section will only affect purchases created after the changes were saved.