The Notifications Settings page allows you to choose which representatives from your business, or interested third parties, receive which of the several specific Pay By Group email notifications we may send you during the lifespan of a given purchase.
These notifications can be sent to any email address. For example, you can have your accountant receive payment confirmations even though they are an independent CPA rather than an employee of your company. You can read more about the most important Pay By Group notifications in this section of the help center.
You can navigate to your Notifications Settings page by clicking the Notifications link under the SETTINGS heading in the left-hand sidebar of your business portal. The page is separated into three sections, with the pertinent notifications listed in distinct entries.
Each notification entry has an accompanying field into which you can enter the email address/es of the person/s you want to receive it; simply type the desired addresses into the field one at a time and click the accompanying Add email button. Your account’s settings will be instantly updated.
Each notification entry has a checkbox on its left side that will deactivate that notification entirely when unchecked, and reactivate it when checked again. If you use the checkbox to deactivate a notification, all the recipient email addresses listed for it will be removed.
Notification entries will show a list of the addresses currently receiving that message underneath its email entry field. You can remove addresses from this list by clicking the x at the end of a given address, and that address will no longer receive that notification. If there are no email addresses associated with a given notification, then that notification will not be sent, regardless of whether it is activated with a checkbox or not.
The three sections of the Notifications Settings page, and the associated notifications, are:
- EMAILS REQUIRING ACTION: Message/s in this section indicate that you need to take some action on the applicable purchase via your business portal. Currently the message/s here are:
- Payment ready to accept: payment has been submitted to you, funds are authorized and waiting, and you need to manually accept them.
- EMAILS WITH OPTIONAL ACTIONS: Message/s in this section indicate that you may wish to take action on the associated purchase via your business portal. Currently the message/s here are:
- Payment deadline missed: the group for this purchase has missed making an installment payment by its deadline, so you may need to extend it and/or penalize the group per your cancellation and refund policy (if appropriate based on your hold policy and where they are in their overall payment schedule).
- Final purchase deadline passed: the group missed the final payment deadline, and you may need to extend it or refund the customers, according to your preferred practices.
- NOTIFICATION ONLY EMAILS: Message/s in this section indicate that something has happened with the associated purchase that doesn’t require action in your Pay By Group business portal, though you may still wish or need to take action in your own system/s of record based on your preferred practices. Currently the message/s here are:
- Purchase claimed by organizer: a group organizer has created a purchase, and you may want to update your system of record.
- Payment successfully made to you: you have received a payment, and you may want to update your system of record, notify your accounting team, or follow up with the customer.
- Purchase cancelled by organizer: a group organizer has cancelled a purchase, and you may want to update your system of record, contact the organizer, issue a refund, or take other steps.