You can receive payments via your PayPal gateway by adding it to your account during the Receive Payments step of the new business account onboarding process or from your payment accounts management page if you’ve already set up your account. Please note that you must have a PayPal Payments Pro account in order to use PayPal as your gateway in the Pay By Group system.
To get started in either location, select PayPal from the Choose gateway dropdown menu. There are three modes you can choose from to add your PayPal gateway to Pay By Group: Signature, Certificate, and Delegate. We strongly suggest you use Signature mode, and the instructions for doing so are listed below. If for some reason you must use Certificate or Delegate mode, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you select the Signature mode radio button, Login, Password, and Signature fields appear. You’ll need to enter your PayPal API Username, API Password, and API Signature into these fields respectively. To issue your PayPal signature and obtain the other requisite credentials take the following steps:
- Log into your PayPal Live account.
- Select Profile and settings under Profile. Note: If you do not see the profile icon on the top right, first select Profile in the top menu on the My Account tab.
- Click My Selling Tools.
- Click Update for the API access item in the Selling online section.
- Click Request API Credentials on the API Access page. Note: If you've already generated an API signature, a View API Signature link is displayed on the API Access page. If you want to use the existing API Signature simply view it by clicking that link and enter it into Pay By Group as described in the next paragraph, skipping steps 6 and 7.
- If you have an existing API Signature and prefer to generate a new one, you first need to delete the existing API signature. If the existing API signature is not being used by your live application, click the View API Signature link, and then click the Remove button to delete the existing signature.
- If you haven’t already generated a PayPal Signature and/or just deleted your existing one, select the Request API signature radio button and click the Agree and Submit button to generate the API signature and view your API Username and Password.
Copy your PayPal API Username and paste it in the Pay By Group Login field, then copy your PayPal API Password and enter it into the Pay By Group Password field, then copy your PayPal Signature and enter it into the Pay By Group Signature field. Finally, click the Verify and add gateway button and your PayPal gateway should now be set up in your Pay By Group account in Signature mode.